Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The sum of my parts

Well, paperwork is all in, and now it's another round of the waiting game. Thankfully, there are plenty of ways to pass the time until June. And most of the ways involve me gorging myself on all the food I'll miss while in Japan. Oh quesadillas, I'll miss you the most.


I suppose now is as good a time as any to say a little more about myself. I'm a twenty-four year old Californian currently living in Davis. I currently work with special education students in elementary school, though I just recently quit a job as an insurance claims adjuster (which was quite the lesson in masochism, but a different story altogether).

I'm not particularly into Japanese pop-culture, though I was when I was younger. That being said, I am a ginormous geek and make absolutely zero effort to hide that fact. I adore television, with my current go-to shows being Supernatural, Doctor Who, and 30 Rock. I'm also eagerly awaiting the next season of BBC's Sherlock.


As previously stated in my first post, I am a lover of food in all of its many, many forms. Also, literature. Unfortunately, I'll be leaving all of my books behind when I move. Fortunately, my Kindle should pick up the slack. I love team sports, though haven't been able to participate in any lately as it's rather hard to find a sports league that caters to people over 18 and under 40.


And, that's me in a nutshell. A very tiny nutshell, possibly a deformed walnut that never finished growing. Or something. Good grief, it is late. Time to end this here before I get even more ridiculous.

2 comments:

Lexi said...

You're kindle will be of great help here.

As for food, don't think of it as putting that love behind, just expanding it to places you have never been before!!

Alyssa said...

Yes, I'm very excited for food adventures. I absolutely plan to eat my way across Japan.

Post a Comment